Results of the $26 billion bond sale
That’s a big miss and will put the steepener back in vogue. It’s also good for USD/JPY on foreign demand.
Demand was strong in yesterday’s 10-year sale but you can’t blame anyone for not wanting to lend to the US government at 1.378% for 30 years.
- XAU/USD, Equity Markets Anxiously Eye First Presidential Debate
- NEWS: Pelosi, Mnuchin are trying to reach a coronavirus-relief deal before the US election September 29, 2020 at 11:56PM
- NEWS: Reports that the EU has received authorisation to slap $4bn of tariffs on US goods imports (retaliation) September 29, 2020 at 11:44PM
- NEWS: Update to predictions for what the RBA will do at its October policy meeting September 29, 2020 at 11:36PM
- NEWS: JP Morgan are long gold for a strategic trade, forecasts September 29, 2020 at 11:19PM