October 10, 2019 at 08:18AM
FX: The dollar grew by 0.2% to 98.7 on DXY. Some increase in demand for risky assets weakens the dollar. AUD and NZD are the leaders in growth against USD, adding 0.3% this morning. JPY and TRY lost within 0.1%.
Stocks: S&P500 Futures remain near Wednesday’s closing levels after rising 0.9%. MSCI World added 0.1% on Thursday, but markets are sensitive to new China-US trade talks info. The VIX volatility index fell from 19.7 to 18.6.
Commodities: Brent is trading at $ 58.0, trading this level for the fifth day in a row. Gold stays near $1,506.
Crypto: Bitcoin jumped 5% to $8,600. The top 10 altcoins range from -3% (TRON) to + 6% (Ethereum).
Important upcoming events (GMT):
11:30 GBP [!!!] UK GBP
12:20 GBP [!!!] BOE Governor Carney Speaks
15:30 USD [!!!] US CPI
From: The FxPro Analyst Team https://fxpro.news/daily-economic-events/fxpro-daily-insight-for-october-10-20191010/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Brexit day of reckoning: parliament to vote on Johnson’s deal
- NEWS: ForexLive Americas FX news wrap: Dollar sags as Clarida keeps mum October 18, 2019 at 09:52PM
- NEWS: Fitch affirms UK credit rating but retains ratings watch for downgrade October 18, 2019 at 09:17PM
- NEWS: US equities slide to close out the week October 18, 2019 at 09:05PM
- NEWS: CFTC Commitments of Traders: Pound shorts haven’t been squeezed…yet October 18, 2019 at 08:53PM
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP/USD Chart
- NEWS: PBOC sets USD/ CNY reference rate for today at 7.0789 (vs. yesterday at 7.0746) October 17, 2019 at 02:15AM
- NEWS: More on the Australian jobs report and the drop in the unemployment rate October 17, 2019 at 01:40AM
- NEWS: FX option expiries for Thursday October 17 at the 10am NY cut October 17, 2019 at 02:14AM
- NEWS: Singapore exports fall for the seventh month October 17, 2019 at 01:56AM
- NEWS: Trade ideas thread - European session 17 October 2019 October 17, 2019 at 06:36AM
- NEWS: AUD/USD buoyed after lower jobless rate, what levels to look out for now? October 17, 2019 at 05:18AM
- NEWS: If you can't hit the inflation target, lower it October 18, 2019 at 04:36PM
- NZDCAD Wave Analysis – 18 October, 2019
- Brent Crude Oil Wave Analysis – 18 October, 2019