October 09, 2019 at 10:31AM
Almost 7% of the entire circulating supply of Bitcoin (BTC) is held in the wallets of eight major cryptocurrency exchanges, according to Twitter account The Token Analyst. On Oct. 8, the Token Analyst wrote that, throughout Bitcoin’s history, the amount of the world’s most popular crypto coins on exchange wallets has consistently been increasing.
The Twitter account, which provides real-time and historical blockchain data, estimated close to 1.2 million coins is currently held in the wallets of eight major exchanges — with the Token Analyst describing them as “the biggest HODLers.” An accompanying graph shows that Huobi Group is leading the pack of crypto exchanges, with the most amount of BTC in its wallets. Binance and BitMEX are battling it out for second place.
One of the best-known words in the crypto vernacular is having a birthday party on Dec. 18. The word HODL was coined on BitcoinTalk almost six years ago, when Bitcoin started crashing after touching $1,000. Bitcointalk member GameKyuubi gets the credit for coining the word HODL, a word that has been universally understood as a recommendation for not selling digital assets in times of FUD. He misspelled the word “hold” during a posted rant opposed to selling. Cointelegraph previously reported that CNBC crypto Twitter analyst Big Cheds said that the upcoming days are most likely going to be bearish for the crypto space, but that he remains bullish for BTC over the long term.
Nearly $10 Billion in BTC Is Held in Wallets of 8 Crypto Exchanges, CoinTelegraph, Oct 09
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/nearly-10-billion-in-btc-is-held-in-wallets-of-8-crypto-exchanges-20191009/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: Coveney: Ireland would strongly back an extension if Brexit deal is rejected October 18, 2019 at 10:19AM
- Gold Price Nears Breakout as Trendlines Continue to Merge
- Pound after Brexit: where to go
- NEWS: Japanese government downgrades economic assessment for the month of October October 18, 2019 at 09:46AM
- NEWS: Cable back above 1.29 as pound pares earlier losses October 18, 2019 at 09:39AM
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: Singapore exports fall for the seventh month October 17, 2019 at 01:56AM
- NEWS: FX option expiries for Thursday October 17 at the 10am NY cut October 17, 2019 at 02:14AM
- NEWS: PBOC sets USD/ CNY reference rate for today at 7.0789 (vs. yesterday at 7.0746) October 17, 2019 at 02:15AM
- NEWS: More on the Australian jobs report and the drop in the unemployment rate October 17, 2019 at 01:40AM
- NEWS: Australian employment report: Unemployment rate 5.2% (expected 5.3%, prior 5.3%) October 17, 2019 at 01:30AM
- AUD/USD Breakout Higher in Focus as Australian Unemployment Drops
- NEWS: AUD higher on the unemployment rate drop in Australia, September jobs report October 17, 2019 at 01:36AM
- NEWS: Trade ideas thread - European session 17 October 2019 October 17, 2019 at 06:36AM
- NEWS: Ahead of the Australian jobs report due at the bottom of the hour - a look at the Asia FX session so far October 17, 2019 at 01:22AM
- NEWS: European pre-market: Aussie holds gains after slightly firmer jobs report October 17, 2019 at 06:09AM