September 23, 2019 at 10:13AM
FX: The dollar index rose to 98.4 on Monday due to the strengthening against the euro. EURUSD fell back below 1.1000 on the weak eurozone PMIs; safe-heavens, JPY and CHF, are up for the third trading session; commodity-linked NOK, ZAR and CAD lost more than 0.4% to USD this morning. NZDUSD is trying to catch on 0.6250. The volatility of the foreign exchange market increased at the beginning of the week.
Stocks: S&P500 Futures lost 0.9% to 2983 since Friday morning. MSCI world fell to 0.25% since the beginning of the day. Nikkei225 reversed sharply to decline, down 0.9% this week. The VIX volatility index grew from 13.9 to 15.3.
Commodities: Brent rose to $ 64.0 following the Middle East rising tensions. Gold is in higher demand on such news, reaching $1,520.
Crypto: Bitcoin dropped to $9900. Top 10 altcoins vary from -3% to + 2% in the last 24 hours.
Important upcoming events (GMT):
13:00 EUR [!!!] ECB President Mario Draghi Speaks
13:45 USD [!! ] Manufacturing PMI
13:50 USD [!! ] FOMC Member John C. Williams Speaks
17:00 USD [!! ] FOMC Member James Bullard Speaks
From: The FxPro Analyst Team https://fxpro.news/daily-economic-events/fxpro-daily-insight-for-september-23-20190923/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Brexit day of reckoning: parliament to vote on Johnson’s deal
- NEWS: ForexLive Americas FX news wrap: Dollar sags as Clarida keeps mum October 18, 2019 at 09:52PM
- NEWS: Fitch affirms UK credit rating but retains ratings watch for downgrade October 18, 2019 at 09:17PM
- NEWS: US equities slide to close out the week October 18, 2019 at 09:05PM
- NEWS: CFTC Commitments of Traders: Pound shorts haven’t been squeezed…yet October 18, 2019 at 08:53PM
Top Posts & Pages
- GBP/USD Chart
- NEWS: PBOC sets USD/ CNY reference rate for today at 7.0789 (vs. yesterday at 7.0746) October 17, 2019 at 02:15AM
- NEWS: More on the Australian jobs report and the drop in the unemployment rate October 17, 2019 at 01:40AM
- NEWS: FX option expiries for Thursday October 17 at the 10am NY cut October 17, 2019 at 02:14AM
- NEWS: Singapore exports fall for the seventh month October 17, 2019 at 01:56AM
- NEWS: Trade ideas thread - European session 17 October 2019 October 17, 2019 at 06:36AM
- NEWS: AUD/USD buoyed after lower jobless rate, what levels to look out for now? October 17, 2019 at 05:18AM
- NEWS: If you can't hit the inflation target, lower it October 18, 2019 at 04:36PM
- NZDCAD Wave Analysis – 18 October, 2019
- Brent Crude Oil Wave Analysis – 18 October, 2019