September 11, 2019 at 10:51AM
New data suggests 40% of millennials would prefer to invest in crypto assets in the event of a recession. In a news release shared with Cointelegraph on Sept. 10, multi-asset investment platform and social network eToro cited a survey on generational investment conducted from July 18 to July 31 among 1,000 online investors in the United States. Respondents aged between 20 and 65 years represented Generation Z, millennials, and Generation X. The survey found that more than two-thirds of U.S.-based investors are afraid of a recession, and would consider converting part of their stock portfolios to safer investments or hedge with crypto assets, commodities or real estate.
Among survey participants, 40% of millennials said that they would prefer to invest in crypto assets if a recession occurs, while 50% of Gen Z said they would choose real estate. As for Gen X, 38% said that they would hedge with commodities.
A recession would purportedly fuel investors’ interest in fractional ownership and new asset classes, with 92% of those most concerned about a recession saying they would own fractions of famous artworks, landmark buildings and private startups, among other types of investments. Of all respondents, 55% said that they would sell a portion of their stock portfolio to fund their investment in fractional ownership of these new types of assets.
From: The FxPro News Team https://fxpro.news/daily-forex-outlook/survey-40-of-millennials-look-to-crypto-in-the-event-of-recession-20190911/
Selected by fonecable.com
- NEWS: ForexLive Asia FX news wrap: AUD/JPY a big loser September 19, 2019 at 04:40AM
- NEWS: Bitcoin getting sold off – down 400USD September 19, 2019 at 04:24AM
- NEWS: USD/JPY extends its fall under 108 September 19, 2019 at 04:22AM
- NEWS: AUD on its session lows September 19, 2019 at 04:13AM
- NEWS: CBA brings its RBA rate cut call forward to October September 19, 2019 at 03:58AM
Top Posts & Pages
- FxPro Daily Insight for September 18
- NEWS: ICYMI - BOJ statement due any time now September 19, 2019 at 03:33AM
- NEWS: BOJ announce September policy decision - unchanged September 19, 2019 at 03:49AM
- NEWS: Yen crosses getting a bit of stick September 19, 2019 at 02:11AM
- NEWS: For reference: Here is the previous Fed statement, projections and dot plot September 18, 2019 at 06:28PM
- NEWS: AUDUSD remains in the confined range after support holds again... September 18, 2019 at 02:55PM
- NEWS: Some FOMC responses (and where to for EUR/USD) September 18, 2019 at 10:39PM
- NEWS: Iran's Rouhani: Yemenis attacked Saudi oil facilities as a "warning" September 18, 2019 at 08:05AM
- NEWS: Japan August export data - more September 18, 2019 at 01:21AM
- NEWS: There has been a big move at the front end of the Treasury curve September 18, 2019 at 08:28PM