August 16, 2019 at 09:30AM
FX: Dollar index rises for 4-day high due to safe-haven demand. EURUSD fell under pressure on ECB’s hints to massive stimulus, that drags USDCHF higher. GBP and other risk-sensitivities increased, along with ZAR, AUD added 0.3% this morning. The volatility in pairs with JPY has increased significantly.
Stocks: Futures for S&P500 are up 0.4% after rising 0.3% on Thursday. Chinese markets jumped 1.4% on stimulus news, but by the close of trading returned half the gain. The VIX index retreats after the mid-week jump.
Commodities: Brent is added 1% to $58.60 on Friday morning, maintaining a positive trend in this month. Gold jumped to $1,527 in the morning but quickly retreated to $1,516.
Crypto: Bitcoin ($ 9,850 now) has been losing 5% this morning, after an unsuccessful attempt to gain a foothold above 10,000 on Thursday. Top 10 altcoins do not lose so much.
Important upcoming events (GMT):
09:00 EUR [!] EA Trade Balance
12:30 USD [!!] US Building Permits
14:00 USD [!!] US UoM Consumer Sentiment
17:00 WTI [!!] Baker Hughes U.S. Rig Count
From: The FxPro Analyst Team https://fxpro.news/daily-economic-events/fxpro-daily-insight-for-august-16-20190816/
Selected by fonecable.com
- Gold & Volatility Drop, Stocks Rise as Trade War Jitters Ebb
- US Dollar Rises Ahead of Jackson Hole, US-China Trade Talks
- NEWS: Pence: Beijing needs to respect integrity of Hong Kong’s laws August 19, 2019 at 05:03PM
- NEWS: Trump says Fed should cut by 100 bps and restart QE August 19, 2019 at 04:30PM
- Weekly Trade Levels: US Dollar, EUR/USD, USD/CAD, Gold, Silver & SPX
Top Posts & Pages
- Gold Price Forecast: RSI Sell Signal Takes Shape
- NEWS: China interest rate liberalisation announced- one step closer to free-floating yuan August 19, 2019 at 01:57AM
- NEWS: More from Trump - China wants to make a deal, we'll see what happens August 18, 2019 at 09:39PM
- NEWS: More on China lending reforms - new bank loans to be cheaper from this week August 19, 2019 at 04:14AM
- Yuan wobbles on Trump trade comments, details of China rate reforms awaited
- US Dollar May Rise vs Nordic FX From Trade Wars, FOMC Minutes
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Could Accelerate If It Breaks $10,600
- NEWS: Weekend Italy: 5-Star Movement says Salvini no longer a credible partner August 18, 2019 at 11:08PM
- NEWS: Event risk playbook for the week beginning August 19 August 18, 2019 at 03:23PM
- NEWS: Japan - Reuters Tankan report - manufacturing index hits lowest since 2013 August 19, 2019 at 12:03AM