China responds to Trump’s remarks overnight
In case you missed the above headline yesterday. The remark by China here comes after trade talks in Shanghai have ended but I wouldn’t look too much into it as this is just part and parcel of the foreign ministry’s daily briefing.
Reuters is out with the reports that trade negotiations between the US and China in Shanghai have come to an end.
According to local sources, the trade talks concluded at about 0540 GMT, earlier than around 0615 GMT expected. The US trade delegation is said to have left for the airport directly after wrapping up the formalities.
The early conclusion of the trade negotiations raises concerns over the prospects of some trade progress.
The focus remains on the official statements by both the US and Chinese trade teams for fresh cues on the broader market sentiment. USD/JPY trades near the session lows of 108.50 while the Aussie remains capped below the 0.69 handle.
- NEWS: Trump says Fed should cut by 100 bps and restart QE August 19, 2019 at 04:30PM
- Weekly Trade Levels: US Dollar, EUR/USD, USD/CAD, Gold, Silver & SPX
- NEWS: EURUSD back below 1.1100. Can it stay below now? August 19, 2019 at 04:20PM
- NEWS: The FX market is subdued today August 19, 2019 at 04:03PM
- US Markets Analysis: Dollar Index (DXY), Dow Jones (DJI) Price Outlook
Top Posts & Pages
- Gold Price Forecast: RSI Sell Signal Takes Shape
- NEWS: China interest rate liberalisation announced- one step closer to free-floating yuan August 19, 2019 at 01:57AM
- NEWS: More from Trump - China wants to make a deal, we'll see what happens August 18, 2019 at 09:39PM
- NEWS: More on China lending reforms - new bank loans to be cheaper from this week August 19, 2019 at 04:14AM
- Yuan wobbles on Trump trade comments, details of China rate reforms awaited
- US Dollar May Rise vs Nordic FX From Trade Wars, FOMC Minutes
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Could Accelerate If It Breaks $10,600
- NEWS: Weekend Italy: 5-Star Movement says Salvini no longer a credible partner August 18, 2019 at 11:08PM
- NEWS: Event risk playbook for the week beginning August 19 August 18, 2019 at 03:23PM
- NEWS: Japan - Reuters Tankan report - manufacturing index hits lowest since 2013 August 19, 2019 at 12:03AM