China responds to Trump’s remarks overnight
In case you missed the above headline yesterday. The remark by China here comes after trade talks in Shanghai have ended but I wouldn’t look too much into it as this is just part and parcel of the foreign ministry’s daily briefing.
Reuters is out with the reports that trade negotiations between the US and China in Shanghai have come to an end.
According to local sources, the trade talks concluded at about 0540 GMT, earlier than around 0615 GMT expected. The US trade delegation is said to have left for the airport directly after wrapping up the formalities.
The early conclusion of the trade negotiations raises concerns over the prospects of some trade progress.
The focus remains on the official statements by both the US and Chinese trade teams for fresh cues on the broader market sentiment. USD/JPY trades near the session lows of 108.50 while the Aussie remains capped below the 0.69 handle.
- GBP/USD Rate Sinks as Brexit Limbo Opens the Door to Yen Strength
- US Dollar Price Volatility Report: GBP/USD in Brexit ‘Limbo’
- Pound Suffers Setback After 8% Rally as Brexit Deal Put on Hold
- Dow Jones Forecast: Boeing's Earnings Could Spell Disaster for the Average
- Emerging Markets Crisis Monitor – Seven Factors Traders Should Watch
Top Posts & Pages
- U.K. / EU News
- GBP/USD Chart
- GBP/USD Drops as Government Threatens Election, Canadian Dollar Unfazed by Election - US Market Open
- fonecable.com Partners CNY Charts…
- Pound Paths Are Narrowing as Traders Await Key Brexit Deal Votes
- Market Sentiment Broadly Positive | Webinar
- FxPro Daily Insight for October 22
- US Dollar Price Outlook: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, AUD/USD
- Canadian dollar pulls back from three-month high as investors fret about oil pipeline prospects
- Preview: What happens on Brexit vote and possible GBP reaction