UK foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, comments
UK Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said that he expects Prime Minister Theresa May to still be Prime Minister during US President Trump’s visit in June.
When asked whether he expects May to greet Trump as Prime Minister in early June, Hunt said: “Theresa May will be there to welcome him and rightly so.”
Hunt made the comments at a press briefing with NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg, where the pair were discussing the threat of cyber warfare.
This comes as the embattled is facing increasing pressure to resign from her position, by political figures from all parties.
May faced yet another blow Wednesday evening after Leader of the House Andrea Leadsom resigned from her post, citing May’s handling of Brexit as the cause.
“I no longer believe that our approach will deliver on the referendum result,” Leadsom said in a letter to Theresa May.
May had announced a new Brexit plan which included a vote on whether to hold a second Brexit referendum Tuesday, which caused a widespread outcry among MPs within her own party, with many former supporters expressing their concern.
- NEWS: ECB’s Draghi doesn’t touch on monetary policy in comments June 17, 2019 at 07:19PM
- Canadian Dollar Price Outlook: USD/CAD Recovery Eyes Trend Resistance
- NEWS: Facebook and JPMorgan help lift Bitcoin above $9000 June 17, 2019 at 06:57PM
- NEWS: Former Egyptian President Morsi dies in court after warning he could reveal “many secrets” June 17, 2019 at 06:41PM
- NEWS: Morgan Stanley says Fed could cut to near-zero in a year June 17, 2019 at 06:22PM
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: The Fed meeting (and BOE and BOJ meetings) highlights the week June 16, 2019 at 10:28PM
- NEWS: Gold down on the day. 100 and 200 hour MAs eyed June 17, 2019 at 01:39AM
- NEWS: Michael Gove: Boris Johnson is the clear front-runner but he needs to be tested June 17, 2019 at 08:26AM
- NEWS: China president Xi Jinping to make state visit to North Korea on 20-21 June June 17, 2019 at 12:18PM
- NEWS: China state media: Countermeasures Beijing is taking against US tariffs could routine June 16, 2019 at 09:35PM
- NEWS: Happy Father's Day greetings the Pres. Trump way.... June 16, 2019 at 09:46PM
- Weekly Gold Price Forecast: Outlook Tied to Fed Meeting, Interest Rate Forecast
- NEWS: Some indicative rates for the major currency pairs June 16, 2019 at 08:33PM
- NEWS: Cable hits stops in fall to lowest since Jan 3 June 17, 2019 at 04:14PM
- NEWS: Iran says it dismantled CIA-run network - report June 17, 2019 at 01:58PM