EU MORNING BULLETS : 15TH-APRIL-2019
* US equity markets finished well
* Asia : Nikkei +1.4% Hang Seng +0.4% and the ASX -0.1%.
* US Tres Sec Mnuchin hopes US-China trade talks nearing ‘final round’. An agreement would go “way beyond” previous efforts to open China’s markets to American firms, he adds
* US Treasury futures have traded lowewr and touched 123-01.
* ECB Draghi struck a cautiously optimistic note about the prospects for a rebound in the euro-area economy this year, saying some of the factors that have held back growth appear
to be waning. Speaking on Saturday,but their internal model shows growth could slow further in the second quarter, suggesting the projected recovery may be delayed even further, two sources said.
* ECB Villeroy : There is no recession in sight for the global economy yet the question is how lengthy the global slowdown can be
* ECB Visco shared Rehn’s opinion that more work is needed to weigh fully all channels affected by negative rates.
* SNB Jordan : Swiss monetary policy is appropriate for now, but policymakers still have room to lower already neg rates further or use other policies if necessary.
* Greece is said to have struck a deal to repay about half of its IMF loans early.
* UK government and Labour are “testing out” each other’s ideas as they try to resolve the Brexit deadlock.
* Contingency plans to cope with a no-deal Brexit have been put on hold by the government as the risk of the UK crashing out of the EU without an agreement has subsided.
* UK Rightmove +1.1%mm -0.1%yy.
* European economic surveys due from 7.30am
* BoE Haskel talks at 5pm and ECB Villeroy talks at 5.30pm.
* US empire mfg at 1.30pm
* Fed Evans talks at 6pm.