EU MORNING BULLETS : 14TH-MARCH-2019
* Asian equities mixed with Nikkei unch, Hang Seng -0.2% and the ASX +0.3%.
* UK MPs have voted to reject leaving the EU without a withdrawal agreement.
* UK PM May said there was a “clear majority” against a no-deal Brexit but the “legal default” was that the UK would leave without a deal on 29 March if no deal is reached, and today
MPs get to vote on delaying brexit.
* Italy is not a threat for Europe but it faces a technical recession and its challenge is longer-term growth, ECB Coeure said.
* Japan is considering a slight downgrade to its assessment of the economy in its monthly report as exports and factory output fell due to slowing demand from China, the Nikkei business
daily reported .
* Trump is in no rush to complete a trade deal with China and wants to include structural reforms by Beijing, including how it treats U.S. intellectual property.
* The U.S. Senate appeared poised to pass a proposal to terminate Trump’s declaration of an emergency at the southern border.
* Facing mounting pressure, Trump was ordering Boeing 737 Max jets grounded until more information is gathered about the crash.
* German CPI at 7am, French CPI at 7.45am,in the US import prices at 12.30p along with Claims data and the New Home Sales at 2pm.
* ECB Visco at 4pm.