Cable spikes higher
Cable jumped to 1.2690 from 1.2655 in a quick jump ahead of the London fix at the top of the hour.
I don’t see any headlines behind the move and it comes just ahead of the fix and at the time of year when fixings can have an especially large impact.
- NEWS: UK fiscal watchdog to forecast 2020 UK recession (if no deal Brexit) – more detail July 17, 2019 at 11:49PM
- NEWS: More on that expected US – Japan bilateral trade agreement July 17, 2019 at 11:30PM
- NEWS: Nomura on “an automatic stabilizer” for US stocks leading into July 31 July 17, 2019 at 11:13PM
- NEWS: AUD traders – heads up on attempts to rein in iron ore speculative trading July 17, 2019 at 10:56PM
- NEWS: UK Times on forecasts for the UK to drop into recession on no-deal Brexit July 17, 2019 at 10:28PM
Top Posts & Pages
- NEWS: NZD traders - RBNZ inflation data for Q2: 1.7% y/y (prior 1.7%) July 16, 2019 at 04:00AM
- NEWS: Oil - US increasingly believes UAE tanker MT RIAH forced into Iranian waters July 16, 2019 at 03:38AM
- Sterling struggles on Brexit worries, weighs on euro
- NEWS: Nomura on "an automatic stabilizer" for US stocks leading into July 31 July 17, 2019 at 11:13PM
- NEWS: Canada June CPI data due on Wednesday - preview July 17, 2019 at 03:29AM
- AUD/USD Topping as Dollar Rallied on Trump Fueling Trade War Woes?
- China Treasuries Drop, Powell Keeps Pledge, Wage Growth: Eco Day
- NEWS: AUD barely changed after the RBA July meeting minutes released, down a few tics July 16, 2019 at 03:02AM
- NEWS: Boris Johnson could send MPs home for two weeks in October - report July 16, 2019 at 03:24PM
- NEWS: Iran's Zarif: US 'shot itself in the foot' by quitting deal July 17, 2019 at 08:38PM