* Equity weakness spills over into Asia Nikkei -2.5%,Hang seng -1.5% and the ASX -0.7%, keeping US Treasuries underpinned.
* JGB yields jump on Kuroda exit comment with some knock-on into US Treasuries .BoJ may consider exit around FY19, more easing if needed (Kuroda). .
* Trump announced 25% tariff on steel, 10% on aluminium from next week.
* Juncker said EU will “react firmly and commensurately”. Commissioner Malmstrom warns of “dangerous domino effect”.
* Bloomberg survey on ECB exit shows majority expects delay to changes on forward guidance, in line with yesterday’s sources story.
* French FinMin Le Maire said there is no north-south deal for Draghi succession.
* Feds Powell expects higher wages but failed to issue more hawkish warnings in Senate Q&A.
* Dudley (voting dove) said Fed would need to consider inflation pressure from higher tariffs. Fiscal policy is “turning quite stimulative”.
* Pimco’s Clarida is said to be front-runner for Fed vice chair (Bloomberg).
* In Italy the 5SM is not considering euro exit, FinMin candidate Roventini said.Puidgemont confirmed he is “temporarily” stepping down as candidate to the Catalan presidency.
* UK PM May will present her vision for a Brexit deal today that is deeper and wider than any free trade agreement anywhere in the world (Reuters).
* German retail sales at 7am weaker than expected,German Car registrations are also due . Spanish unemployment at 8am.ECB Mersch talks at 8.10am.Italian Final q4 GDP at 9am.UK Construction PMI at 9.30am.EU ppi at 10am BOE Governor Mark Carney talks at 10am ,Originally slated to speak in Edinburgh, inclement weather conditions have seen the speech switched to a London venue.
* US ISM mfg at 2.45pm, 3pm sees Mich sent. St. Louis Fed Real GDP Nowcast will cross the wires at 4pm and then NY Fed GDP Nowcast expected at 4.15pm.