* US strength extends into Asian equities Nikkei +0.3%,hang seng +0.9% and the ASX -0.2%.
* Fed Regional Fed members were unanimous in keeping discount window unchanged in July “given recent soft reading on inflation”, minutes show
* German FinMin Schaeuble is said to be working on proposal that would allow southern euro zone countries to tap into ESM to boost investments during recessions. Bild says Schaeuble intended to make proposal after September’s election.
* UK will today outline plans on how it intends to “bring an end to the direct jurisdiction of the Court of Justice of the European Union in the UK” and “take back control of its law”.
* UK Recruitment & Employment Confederation Report : UK companies outlook for hiring & investment has declined; index of economic conditions has fallen to lowest reading of year with a greater proportion of survey respondents saying things are getting worse.
* Fitch warns leveraged loan market looks riskier than in ‘06/07 given elevated fundamental valuations. While the agency expects low defaults over the next two years, it warns that high leverage combined with weaker fundamentals could translate into poor recoveries in the next default cycle.
* Moody’s said Australian debt will rise but will stay moderate relative to other AAA-rated sovereigns, credit profile reflects very high economic, institutional and fiscal strength but country faces latent event risks.
* In Europe we have markit MFG and Service PMI data with France at 8am, Germany at 8.30am and EU data at 9am.
* ECB Draghi talks at 8.25am.
* US Markit pmi data at 2.45pm, then New home sales at 3pm,with Fed Kaplan talking at 6.05pm.